Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's quiet in here



There's such a striking difference between an empty classroom and that same room when it's full of children.   I don't have to tell you that the energy level drops considerably once the kids have walked out the door.

I'm an introvert, in the sense that I draw my energy from time spent alone.   So my days at school are an aggregate of our contrasting energy levels, held together by shared enthusiasm.  It's exhausting and exciting, and I am so blessed to be able to make a living doing something I love.

3 comments:

  1. It's great that you recognize in yourself that alone time can be a source of energy and inspiration. I am the same way. Also, I was a teacher's aide for a first grade class for a year, and I know exactly what you mean about the drastic change in energy levels between full and empty classrooms! ☺ Congrats on finding the right career choice so soon in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, thank YOU for the reminder that 36 was "soon in life" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Laurie,
    Let me tell you I was "pooped" after tutoring last week and only for two days! I did enjoy being back and seeing you and the children and other teachers. If we could just somehow plug into the children's energy. We could go nonstop. I really do enjoy my own company and must have quiet time just by myself. Blessings to you and enjoy your weekend! See you next week. Vicki

    ReplyDelete